You now need to take us on a journey of 2 pieces of your writing that you are most proud of from the semester. Each will be its own paragraph whereby you explain what your piece is about, your process of writing it, any challenges you faced.

Dreamland

This was the first ever post I had written on my blog gaining the inspiration off of my theme. My idea behind my theme was to make some sort of fantasia that came into life. I really wanted to twist the idea of reality and fantasy somehow crossing worlds.

Title – Inspiration came from my theme and the imagination growing up as a kid and now.

17-Word Summary – The realization or significance of dreaming when comparing it as kids versus the reality of growing up.

Purpose & Audience – The purpose was to provide a growing conflict to how our imaginations are being wasted away due to the fact of reality stepping in. My audience would be towards teenagers as they are in between the stages of a young adult and child. Even though it really doesn’t matter what audience I put this towards as long as there is a significant message being presented in my writing pieces to be passed on.

Influence – I think my younger self still plays at my heart as I really valued my childhood while growing up.

Craft & Style I feel my writing alternates from either dark to light or light to dark. Somehow, it has become an addiction for me recently to put in Heaven or Hell as a quoting or inspiration that is added into the essence of my writing.

Experimentation, Revision, Feedback – Because this was the first piece I had written, it was something I had to check multiple times when perfecting and editing. Most feedback was very positive but I feel that it was also directed to the amount of GUMPS and grammatical errors that were formed in between the paragraphs.

Depression, Is That Really You?

This piece was created due to my past depression that I faced while growing up as a kid. Because I had suffered with ADHD, I felt people didn’t understand how real it was until you had suffered yourself.

Title – I had to start writing in order for me to create ideas into making the title. But also, it was a sort of denial I had to face and ignore while I was suffering with depression.

17-Word Summary – Depression itself is looked to be a very understated view in our society.

Purpose & Audience – It more directed to those who have suffered depression in the past and to feel that they aren’t the only individuals that have experienced it before. This piece shows the reality of depression and how it feels to be depressed. How people feel trapped and cant escape or how they feel isolated. It shows the amount of power that your brain can hold and the corruption of someones sanity.

Influence – Of course, my past life as a kid and also other kids that face depression due to abuse, mental disorders, and etc.

Craft & Style I tried to face a description of how depression feels like and how it can control someone’s mentality to do dangerous things. Somehow, I wanted to make a positive outcome eventually stating that there is hope and there is a way to get out of the feeling of being “trapped”.

Experimentation, Revision, Feedback – I was in a rush that day to finish up writing this post so there was a noticeable amount of grammatical errors and GUMPS. When I was writing this story, it actually took me more longer than expected because I had to be very precise about the details and go into the mindset again of how I had felt growing up. Most people’s feedback was very positive, even as they pointed out the GUMPS, they still loved how I had came up with this piece and how maybe they felt when they were in that state of depression.